Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's All In The Family

Hello Lovelies!

I was drifting off to sleep the other night and chuckling to myself thinking about a crazy facebook reunion I had with my family that resulted in this:




And then because my family is wonderful I got to thinking about how amazing they are and how freaking stylish they all are!!  It made me wonder, Is style innate?  Is it learnt?  Or could it be genetic!  There are a lot of stylish families out there.  Gwen Stefani's brood immediately springs to mind, and then there's my favourites, the Missoni family (do you think they ever get sick of wearing that same variation on a theme??)





The Missoni's En Masse

I live in a different state to my siblings and every time I see them after a long time, I think, "My god, I forgot how beautiful and cool you all are!"  Of course having grown up with each other, we've all had our fair share of fashion faux pas and terrible hair cuts, but overwhelmingly my family looks pretty damn fine.

Me and the fam at christmas lunch last year
(I was going through a rather unflattering Kaftan phase at the time)


My sister and I before a night on the town

It seems inevitable that those who come from fashion royalty will no doubt soak up some of the style, I mean it just hangs thick in the air around some people, you can't help but be inspired.  But sometimes it is also equally as refreshing when children of fashion don't get completely carried away with the insanity of it all and keep it cool, classy and classic, (Think Bee Schaffer of Anna Wintour's loins)

Anna Wintour and Bee Schaffer


Julia Restoin Roitfeld and Carine Roitfeld

I hope one day (far off in the future!) I can pass my fashion knowledge down to my own children and keep it "all in the family".

Love and kisses raimentlove xoxo

P.S - Don't be shy!  Please comment, questions, feedback, hate mail, I want it all!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love you too. I think the turban look suits you. If I can work out how to do it, I'll post a photo of my new RM Williams croc-print boots. Luv youse all- Dad xoxo