Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Where are they now?

Last night was my first foray into the blogosphere in four years, and I thought I would use this next post as a 'where are they now?'/'what the heck has she been up to in the last four years?' back-story.

Well I am no longer based in Canberra, and have been living in Sydney for nearly 3 years now.  My job at Sportsgirl in Canberra gave me the opportunity to move to the eastern suburbs of Sydney to become a full time visual merchandiser.  I worked in the Bondi store mainly and completed store visits to the Pitt Street and George Street stores as well.  It was incredibly hard work, but wonderfully creative.  The VM team was full of inspirational women who worked hard to get where they were. Unfortunately a paltry salary and a personality clash with one of the store managers meant I decided to look elsewhere for employment.

Three months after I first started as a VM with Sportsgirl I found myself leaving for a new unknown; Pink Zebra.  Those of you who know me well, know that prior to this job the words "casual" and "jeans" were not usually a part of my vocabulary, I mean I would dress up to go and get milk from the shops, and I literally did not own any track pants.  And I suddenly found myself in a world of denim and casual glamour.  Pink Zebra has done amazing things for me.  Being a small business I have been able to have my hands in many pots and actually see my influence and suggestions create change in the company, so I won't bore you with details now, but I'm sure I will fill you in on tid-bits here and there in future posts.



Me at the Pink Breakfast I hosted end of last year



What else have I been up to apart from work?  Well, in a nutshell: I graduated from UC with a bachelor of Graphic Design, lived in a gorgeous terrace house in Alexandria with friends, moved into a cozy apartment and fell in love.  Quite an eventful few years!  Let's see what the future holds!  I hope you will all share it with me.

love raimentlove xo

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Holy crap! You've been in Sydney for almost three years now? It doesn't feel like that long since we were at Knightsbrigde waving you goodbye!